Search This Blog

Thursday 2 July 2020

Attitude matters: A small story

Attitude matters, at least to me..


During my previous endeavors, there were few employee with whom I was working on daily basis. There was an incident happened which given me a good lesson of life.


The incident was the employee has put down his papers and serving notice period. Suddenly the employee has stopped working and not contributing/ completing his daily provided task.

I went to him and I ask, "What is the reason, you are so reluctant and not working now a days. This Behavior was seen after you put down the papers (Resignation)."


He promptly replied, "I have put down the papers and I do not have my liability towards the company".


I said, "As you are serving the notice period, you do have a liability towards the company and you need to focus on completing the provided task, rather enjoying the notice period. Will you be happy if company stop paying you for the notice period you are serving??".


He did not turn back.


Usually I found such kind of people who think that, after the resignation and serving the notice period, they should stop working and contributing. In this process they lose the professionalism and organization level thinking. They also loose the greater insights, that is they are serving the notice period and organization is paying the salary for that period.


Refusing to work is not the correct steps which he has taken. 


Instead I suggest the followings,

1)   Complete the provided task, as ask for more work or help your colleagues.

2)    Give proper training to your backups.

3)    Prepare the document, which tell your supervisor, what are your workings and deliverable, this help the other member to create proper backups.

4)    Don’t change the attitude and meaning at work place. Do remember, why you wanted this job and you joined the organization.

5)    Maintain good repo and bond with everyone, you may not know, who will help you in future.

6)    Share your knowledge with the team and don’t let team to know, you did not belongs to them, after resignation.

 

While hiring the candidate, I mostly look for the Attitude and less on the knowledge.


Attitude matters most to me when it comes to Personal life and professional life.


Keep and develop good attitude and lead the rat race in the life.



The Book "You can win" by Shiv Khera is great book to change the attitude and focus on productivity.

4 comments:

  1. Super Sir

    An attitude of positive expectation is the mark of the superior personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said Sushil bhai. Again u proved that you think a step ahead when comes to work

    ReplyDelete